My Text

It is the wisdom of man to sacrifice for his fellow man, in a wise manner

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Meet the real Engineers – Amaechi Chiemela Victor

 on APRIL 18, 2016

As part of our #3DFuture project we’re seeing where Engineering can take you by speaking to some real Engineers.
What is your name? Chiemla Victor
Amaechi Chiemela Victor
What is your job? Please describe what your job involves day to day.
I am a Standared Engineer. It involves elaboration of standards, codes and recommended practices. It also involves standardisation processes, and some factory inspection, as well as certification and audit for quality system management. I also do research works in Engineering, and presently doing a PhD in Engineering in Lancaster University, which helps me run engineering modelling tasks and studies.
 What is your favourite thing about your job?
As an Engineer, I love the design tasks, and using CAD to model my work. Such as, OrcaFlex, Solidworks, etc.
How did you get to the position you’re in now? What was your education path?
I studied Civil Engineering in BEng and MSc, and registered to become a Chattered Engineer. Next, I got the job as a Standards Engineer II and rose to Standards Engineer I, but I love research so I started a PhD in Engineering in Lancaster University. My research work is on Offshore Engineering, designing composite risers for offshore platforms.
What is your favourite thing about Engineering?
In engineering, it develops my intellect through Critical thinking. I am also left as a Project Manager to analyse a problem, and solve it.
https://3dfuture.me/2016/04/18/meet-the-real-engineers/

No comments:

Post a Comment